Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Oct. 25, 2006
We were told that we were the first North American family to ever go into the Impenetrable to minister to the Wichi people. Our whole family, Becky included, had gone in the end of June. While there, we met a pastor's wife who had been hemmoraging for 7-8 months. She'd been taken to a hospital (three hours away) and after a couple of weeks, they had released her, not knowing how to help. When we got there, she was too weak to walk alone, but her family helped her outside where we prayed for her. After we left, we had no way to contact them (no phones, scarcely any water) so not until Kim went back up two weeks ago did we hear what happened. The pastor told him matter-of-factly, "After you prayed, she stopped bleeding and is completely back to normal."


Nov. 3-5, 2006

We went to Chaco for a Conference on the Family. First night was rained out so we ministered at the church that was sponsoring the event. It was a team effort with a singing group from Santiago de Estero and Presyter of Chaco, Daniel Lopez and us.

The next night we ministered in an open area in the middle of town. Using the town’s sound system, we were heard all over Coronel DuGraty. About 600 people were in attendance, besides those in town who could hear from their front steps. People came from other small surrounding towns as well. Many people came forward to accept Jesus and receive ministry after Kim preached. Rachel and Shari prayed for one woman who was delivered of many unclean spirits. Rachel really grew in the gifts this weekend.

Sunday, Shari taught on the family during the afternoon at the church, and then she and Kim ministered to all the married couples and afterwards to the ladies standing alone for their families. Then we ministered again that night. Each night Shari read a prophetic proclamation over the young people of the area and Luci, our traveling muppet, shared as well. Good things happened! God was very faithful to use us in spite of our imperfect language abilities.

Nov.26, 2006

Kim was asked to preach in Monte Grande. He hadn't been to this church since he'd been invited to preach there a year before, when the whole family had gone with him. But tonight, he went with an Argentine friend while Shari went with the kids to their local church. After Kim preached and ministered to the people, a well-dressed woman approached him. “I have something to tell you,” she informed him.

“Last year, when you were here, I was a mess. My husband had left me, I was in depression, and for some reason I decided to climb on my bicycle and go to church. That was the first time I ever came to this church. During the time of ministry, I went forward and your wife prayed for me. She spoke that my husband would return, that God would restore everything that I had lost and bring blessings as well as complete His purposes for my life. Since that time, I have become a part of this church and my husband has returned. I now work in three brothels, rescuing women out of prostitution. My business is prospering and God has blessed me in many other areas as well." (She went on but Kim didn’t catch everything she said.) “I just wanted you to know what God completed everything that your wife spoke over me and I want to thank you for coming."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home